Wednesday 22 May 2013

PersunmallAU Evening Dresses

Evening gowns are worn during semi-formal or formal events. Usually it is worn during parties and other events that require formal dressing, like awards night, black tie, and white tie affairs. They are made with expensive fabrics like, chiffon, satin, tencel, silk, and velvet. Usually they are also decorated with beautiful swarovskis and sequins to gather attention during the night. 
There are different styles of evening gowns, there are sheath, mermaid, a-line, empire, dropped waist, and princess – according to Wikipedia.

1. Sheath dresses are designed to hug and fit the body. It has a slight drape. I personally think that this one will be perfect to people with curves as sheath dresses emphasize the body of a person. 
2. Mermaid dresses on the other hand, from its name, resembles a mermaid’s tail. For me, it looks flattering and beautiful as sometimes the material of the ‘tail’ is different from the other half. 
3. A-line has been one of my recent faves! I love the silhouette and how flowy it looks. A-line gowns are quite fitted at the top and lightly loose on the ‘skirt’ part. It flows beautifully.
4. The Trumpet, according to Wikipedia, is just like it’s name – trumpet shaped but flares when it reaches the knees.


5. An empire style, has a fitted waistline right after the bust while a dropped waist is below the waistline. The empire style gives a high-waist look while the dropped waist just directly falls below the waist.
6. Princess style evening gowns on the other hand, would be my fave! In my opinion, they resemble ball gowns and I love the big and poofy effect it shows. Sort of like a fairytale. However, for me, I would find it hard to wear it in an event as they’re big and it will make me hard to move. But the princess like feel it gives is just irresistible. 


I mentioned about the different styles of evening dresses, now let’s choose the right color of evening dress for you. 
1. Black exudes elegance, sexiness, and mystery. Black, for me, is a staple color for formal wear. It gives beauty and class, top it off with gorgeous jewelry like diamonds, and you’ll surely look stunning.
2. White is gorgeous as ever. I also think that you can never go wrong with it. When getting a white dress, pay attention to the design and the style because it might look plain and boring. Break the ‘plainess’ of the color by adding accessories or putting on a stunning makeup – like a red lipstick.


3. Red is a color that gives off wildness and sexiness! It enhances a girl’s aura and just makes it sexy. I’m not a fan of this color but I have to agree that it is ravishing - the color makes every woman a little bit fiercer.
If ever I’d be wearing an evening gown, I would like to stick more into the lighter palette. Like nudes or pinks. Light pink is one of my favorite colors, it looks elegant and sweet. For me, pinks are perfect for young girls like me; it builds a demure and modest look.

The colors I mentioned above are just basic colors. There a lot more and you have to play with them! In choosing an evening gown, you must be creative and unique. Pick a good design and material, check the embellishments as well. You will be successful if you’ll go out of your comfort zone. People rarely wear teals and other bright colors, try that one! Break the rules and but be sure that you will still look organized and elegant. Also, know the kind of event you’re going in. Is it an opera, wedding, cocktail party, or a formal dinner? Make sure it’s appropriate for the affair. 
Collect ideas, mix them together, and you’ll have a perfect evening dress! 


No comments:

Post a Comment